Rock Anchors & ODEX
In these circumstances, our flexible drilling rigs are capable of drilling vertically and at any angle, so small and medium diameter piles can be drilled to achieve exceptionally high pile capabilities. In addition, restricted access drilling rigs can be used in tight corners.
Using the ODEX system, steel casings can be used to support loose ground or fractured rock, and once the solid rock is reached a rock socket can be constructed in the rock using a down-the-hole-hammer. Sacrificial casings can be used to support the piles through any voids.
We also have the capability to advance rock sockets with our standard bored piling machines.
Rock anchors are installed to BS 8081 with full corrosion protection if required and can be used to retain rock faces or provide economic support to any retaining wall.
- 100 – 450 mm
- Depth up to 35 m
- Constructed if necessary with a permanent liner through rock voids.
- Bar or strand anchor.
- Capacity up to 80 tonnes.
- Double corrosion protection.
- Retaining wall support.
- High capacity small diameter Rock socket drilling. Mine workings or natural solution void areas. Cliff / Embankment stabilisation.
- Masonry Structure reinforcement